Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 136

Thread: Oil Crisis Over

  1. #111
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Oil Crisis Over

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVVikeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[and oil revenues enabled the government to pay off some $23 billion in foreign debt ahead of schedule.]

    According to everything I can find Russia's oil reserve is small in comparison to what we have in this country. The major difference is they don't have the far left liberals to interfere with the well being of the country. They don't need permission from Nancy Pelos-Lie to develope a natural resource and put their economy back on it's feet.


    </div></div>
    You will note the government is running the biz, some of us would die before we had someone regulate a big biz and pay for things for everyone in the country. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] It is a different form of thinking, where folks are equal.
    Country Proved reserves
    (billion barrels)
    1. Saudi Arabia 264.3
    2. Canada 178.8
    3. Iran 132.5
    4. Iraq 115.0
    5. Kuwait 101.5
    6. United Arab Emirates 97.8
    7. Venezuela 79.7
    8. Russia 60.0
    9. Libya 39.1
    10. Nigeria 35.9
    11. United States 21.4
    12. China 18.3
    13. Qatar 15.2
    14. Mexico 12.9
    15. Algeria 11.4
    16. Brazil 11.2
    17. Kazakhstan 9.0

    PS Bubble buster, Russia alone has 3 times our oil.
    http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0872964.html

  2. #112
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oil Crisis Over

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVVikeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Drilling for oil certainly has helped Russia.
    It hasn't been that long ago the USSR imploded and broke into pieces because because of a failed economy. Look at them now. They have a BOOMING, very rich economy simply because of their oil.

    But then again they may have fust forced everybody to inflate their tires. Who knows?????? </div></div>

    Russia's economy failed because of corruption, not oil.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #113
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oil Crisis Over

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVVikeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[and oil revenues enabled the government to pay off some $23 billion in foreign debt ahead of schedule.]

    According to everything I can find Russia's oil reserve is small in comparison to what we have in this country. The major difference is they don't have the far left liberals to interfere with the well being of the country. They don't need permission from Nancy Pelos-Lie to develope a natural resource and put their economy back on it's feet.


    </div></div>

    The difference is they WILL drill where they find oil...something many US comapnies WON'T do. Big oil doesn't need Pelosi or anyone else to OK drilling on land they have leased, but they refuse to. What it all boils down to is this: Big oil doesn't care what is best for the country...they only want to drill where they can maximize their profits. I still say make em tap what they've got before they get leases on anything else.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #114
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oil Crisis Over

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they only want to drill where they can maximize their profits </div></div>

    They are a bussness what the heck do you expect them to do?

    I guess you could have the gov natanalize American oil then not worry about the cost of pumping it out vs what it is selling for.


    The point of opening up more drilling is to lower the cost of energy (or at least keep it in check) IF money is not the goal then throw the mony at alternative energy

  5. #115
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oil Crisis Over

    If they plan to do business in this country, I expect them to follow the rules set forth, and not intentionally try to hurt the economy in an attempt to get off limits areas opened to them.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #116
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oil Crisis Over

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If they plan to do business in this country, I expect them to follow the rules set forth, and not intentionally try to hurt the economy in an attempt to get off limits areas opened to them. </div></div>

    And you think that the oil companys are intentionally trying to hurt the economy for that reason?

  7. #117
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oil Crisis Over

    I think there have been alot of sinister things done behind the scenes over the past few years...and I think alot of it has to do with the 2 head honchos in charge of running this country. Record profits for Haliburton and Big Oil...hmmm..I was born at night but not last night.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  8. #118
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oil Crisis Over

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think there have been alot of sinister things done behind the scenes over the past few years...and I think alot of it has to do with the 2 head honchos in charge of running this country. Record profits for Haliburton and Big Oil...hmmm..I was born at night but not last night. </div></div>

    Then can you share with us why the man you back for President, the man who stands for "change", the man who is going to fight big oil, voted for the big tax cuts for oil companies? He calls it "The failed Bush energy policy" yet he voted FOR it. He says McCain will CONTINUE the "Failed Bush energy policy". He doesn't tell you that McCain voted AGAINST it.

    If you have information that would shed light on this subject please share it with us.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  9. #119
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oil Crisis Over

    I don't back anyone for President...but I damn sure ain't voting for more of the same.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #120
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oil Crisis Over

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't back anyone for President...but I damn sure ain't voting for more of the same. </div></div>

    So yo are voteing for Nader? I have to many friends and famley in the Coal and Gas well field to do that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •